your descriptive text here

your descriptive text here

your descriptive text here

your descriptive text here

Saturday, March 8, 2014

New Work

I recently completed this amazingly sunburned chap with a puffer fish on his head (from a sketch I had in a sketchbook) for an acrylic painting demonstration in an "Illustrative Media and Techniques II" class I teach. I did a laser print of it onto an oatmeal colored card stock, mounted it to Strathmore illustration board with acrylic mat medium and applied a texture (brushed on) of Liquitex gloss gel medium diluted with 50% mat medium. The surface was a little slippery, but overall I was happy with the results.


This oil painting of Teddy Roosevelt is currently hanging in the annual exhibit of the Society of Illustrators Los Angeles. It can be seen at "Center Stage Gallery" in Burbank California.

 
 Illustration completed for Pioneer Theater Company production of "The Odd Couple”


Caricature in oil of Charles Dickens, one of my favorite authors. But more importantly he has amazing hair/beard and who can resist a sluggish if not down right lazy eye.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific style, wow! All great, especially Dickens (?) with that astounding hair. But my favorite is the sunburnt guy with the pufferfish on his head. HAHA. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy, thank you for your kindness. I love Dickens too! The comment below him sort of sums it up for me. thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete